BSA Railroading Merit Badge
In 2014 King's Hobby was approved by the BSA's Capitol Area Council as a merit badge counselor for the Railroading Merit Badge. We offer the badge at the Lost Pines Winter Camp, the UT Merit Badge University and in the store. To date we have awarded over 100 badges.
The Railroading Merit Badge is earned by completing eigth of nine requirements. This is the cirriculum we teach;
1. Do THREE of the following:
2. Do the following:
3. Do ONE of the following:
4. Explain the purpose of Operation Lifesaver and its mission.
5. Do THREE of the following:
6. Explain the appearance and meaning of the following warning signs and devices: advance warning sign, pavement markings, crossbucks, flashing red lights, crossing gates.
7. Do EACH of the following:
8. Select ONE of the following special-interest areas and complete the requirements:
The full badge can be completed in 2 1/2 hours and counts as one elective badge towards the Eagle Rank. If your troop is interested in this badge or if you have model railraoding materials you would like to donate to the program, please contact us at 512-836-7388.